VolkerFitzpatrick’s rail division have achieved a Bronze and Silver Award for Environmental Best Practice at the Green Apple Environmental Awards.
The two winning projects were Network Rail’s West Anglia Main Line (WAML) and Felixstowe Branch Capacity Enhancement schemes.
A number of carbon reduction achievements were made during both projects, including:
• A 242t reduction in CO2 emissions
• 20,000m3 of material reused on site and diverted from landfill
• 2,500 vehicular moment reduction to meet local air quality targets
• Material management saving of 35,000 miles
• Reduction in bridge material quantities with a saving of 660t in CO2 emissions
• Transportation savings of 80t in CO2 emissions
• 1,700 reduction in lorry movements
• A total project carbon saving of 35%
Andy Battye, head of HSEQS for VolkerFitzpatrick, said: “To have been recognised with two Green Apple Awards is a fabulous achievement. All our projects work to ensure minimal impact to the environment at all times and we ensure staff undertake regular environmental training. This award is a recognition of their efforts. My thanks go to the project team for working to the highest environmental standards.”
The awards were presented on 12 November, at a ceremony held in the Houses of Parliament.
BMV JV (BAM Nuttall, Morgan Sindall, VolkerFitzpatrick) had a lot to celebrate last week, as they were presented with not one,...
This summer, VolkerFitzpatrick’s Civils division celebrated as the DP World London Gateway Port Berth 3 project...
VolkerFitzpatrick has been presented with the RoSPA President’s Award, as a result of winning ten consecutive Gold...